This NVQ is a work-based qualification that assesses the skills and knowledge that people in your job need to perform their job role effectively.
It is a motor industry qualification that covers activities that relate to the specialist group of competition maintenance and repair technicians.
Successful candidates will demonstrate a broad working knowledge and understanding of health and safety in the workplace and other skills associated with working on competition vehicles.
The qualification includes the following areas:
Diagnosis and rectification of:
• Motorsport engine and component faults
• Motorsport chassis system faults
And offers opportunities for candidates to also demonstrate:
• Diagnosis and rectification of motorsport vehicle transmission and driveline system faults
• Overhauling mechanical units
• Inspecting motorsport vehicles
• Enhancing motorsport system features
• Training others through demonstration and instruction
You will demonstrate your skills and knowledge by collecting evidence of your work. This evidence is usually presented in a portfolio (however your approved centre may use an alternative method). Your assessor will advise you on how to generate, collect and present your evidence. You will also undertake IMI Awards set ‘on-line’ multiple-choice tests.
For further information and advice, please contact an IMI Awards approved centre.
To find your nearest IMI Awards Centre, give your postcode below and click "Find".