This NVQ is a work-based qualification that assesses the skills and knowledge that people in your job need to perform their job role effectively.
It is a motor industry qualification that covers activities that relate to recovery technicians working on a wide range of vehicles in all types of roadside assistance and recovery situations.
Successful candidates will demonstrate a broad working knowledge and understanding of health and safety in the workplace and other skills associated with working roadside.
The qualification includes the following areas:
• Assessing and securing the roadside situation
• Removing and transporting vehicles
• Recovering light and commercial vehicles following accidents
• Monitoring and solving customer service problems
• Working with others to improve customer service
• Processing payment transactions
• Giving customers a positive impression of yourself and your organisation
You will demonstrate your skills and knowledge by collecting evidence of your work. This evidence is usually presented in a portfolio (however your approved centre may use an alternative method). Your assessor will advise you on how to generate, collect and present your evidence. You will also undertake IMI Awards set ‘on-line’ multiple-choice tests.
For further information and advice, please contact an IMI Awards approved centre.
To find your nearest IMI Awards Centre, give your postcode below and click "Find".