This NVQ is a work-based qualification that assesses the skills and knowledge that people in your job need to perform their job role effectively.
It is a motor industry qualification that covers activities that relate to service technicians working on motorcycles in all types of garages and dealerships.
Successful candidates will demonstrate a broad working knowledge and understanding of health and safety in the workplace and other skills associated with working in a garage.
The qualification includes the following areas:
• Carrying out routine vehicle maintenance
• Removing and replacing engine units, electrical auxiliary units, chassis units and components
And offers opportunities for candidates to also demonstrate:
• Conducting pre and post work vehicle inspections
• Valeting vehicles
• Removing and replacing vehicle transmission and driveline units and components
• Removing and fitting non welded non structural motorcycle body panels
You will demonstrate your skills and knowledge by collecting evidence of your work. This evidence is usually presented in a portfolio (however your approved centre may use an alternative method). Your assessor will advise you on how to generate, collect and present your evidence. ou will also undertake IMI Awards set ‘on-line’ multiple-choice tests.
For further information and advice, please contact an IMI Awards approved centre.
To find your nearest IMI Awards Centre, give your postcode below and click "Find".