Written by employers, with input from participating Professional/Trade Bodies and Training Organisations, the Motor Finance Specialist Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard provides learners with an opportunity to gain experience in offering and/or administering finance packages to customers buying vehicles. Apprentices can gain knowledge in market and business awareness, the range of motor finance products available and the regulation surrounding them.
Designed with different learning styles in mind, IMI’s solution ensures apprentices are fully engaged and prepared for their End-Point Assessment (EPA). This standard is suited to those who are new to the role or are progressing on their career journey through an organisation.
Typical job titles for these roles include: Dealer Support, Finance and Insurance Manager, Customer Adviser, Business Manager, Account Manager. The two options are:
- Motor Finance Specialist (Finance Company) who works for a finance company providing services to the Intermediary (Retailer / Broker) and their customers.
- Motor Finance Specialist (Retailer Consultant) who liaises directly with the end user customer within an Automotive Retailer business, providing sales of new or used motor cars, vans or motorcycles.
Typically it is expected that it will take 18-24 months to complete the apprenticeship.
Employers will set the entry requirements for their apprentices. It is recommended during the selection process that the apprentice demonstrates the following qualities:
- Strong work ethic
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written
- Works well independently and as part of a team
- Ability to effectively plan and manage own workload
- Self-motivation, commitment and enthusiasm
- Adaptability and resilience
ADDITIONAL MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS
English and maths at Level 2 (or equivalent) is required to be held by the apprentice prior to the EPA. For further detail regarding English and maths requirements, please refer to the Assessment Plan for the Standard.
The IMI offer an eLogbook where apprentices can log and upload their progress throughout their on-programme learning.
End-Point Assessment Gateway (Mandatory)
- English + maths Level 2
- Minimum requirements for knowledge, skills and behaviours met
- Off-the-job learning components of the programme completed
- Employer and Training Organisation agree that the apprentice is ready for EPA. (Confirmed via completion of the Apprentice Readiness for EPA Form)
- Structured Interview
Want to know more?
IMI Approved Centres can apply to offer this apprenticeship standard here.
Alternatively call us on +44 (0)1992 511521 and we will be happy to help.